I need some help with my list..

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: I need some help with my list..
By Zbjz15 (Zbjz15) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 12:08 pm: Edit

I originally had these requirements: A business program and a 5 hour radius of NY city. Here was my list:
1. SUNY Bigamton
2. Bentley
3. Babson
4. NYU
5. Maryland CP
6. BU
7. Skidmore

I am making new requirements in order to find some higher ranked schools. I realise that I don't necesarily need to study business undergrad adn will go into a good MBA program after college. My stats are 1500 SAT, 3.7 GPA UW and a small list of ECS with a couple of steady jobs. Here are my new requirements: Still 5 hour radius of NYC, suburban area school with campus, nice lifestyle and 2000-8000 students. Can you please list schools that meet these requirements? I know this post was rather unorganized but I would apreciate any help.

By Alexandre (Alexandre) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 12:22 pm: Edit

Dude, you have a 1500 on your SAT. Take that baby out for a spin! I would look into the following schools in that order:

Penn (Wharton)
MIT
NYU
Carnegie Mellon
Cornell University
UVA (6 hour drive, but what the hoo!)
Georgetown University
Maryland or PSU as safeties

However, I always recommend a person look into majoring in Economics and Mathematics (double major), work for a few years, and then get an MBA. I don't usually recommend a BBA.

This said, I would also look at the schools above, all of which are very good, but also into the following schools which do not have BBA programs but are still awesome:
Amherst
Brown
Columbia
Dartmouth
Harvard
Haverford
Princeton
Swarthmore
Williams

By Zbjz15 (Zbjz15) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 11:19 pm: Edit

Hmmm, thanks, but I think most of those schools are out of my reach.

By Travelr (Travelr) on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 05:20 pm: Edit

I studied econ/business at Skidmore. It is an exceptional program for a school that size.

And, yes, it was great to be within a three hours drive to: NYC, Boston, and Montreal. Saratoga is a great town to be based in as well.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page