Transfer to Southern Schools

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: Transfer to Southern Schools
By Nate8585 (Nate8585) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 10:09 am: Edit

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with transfer statistics to the followoing southern schools. Also include the difficulty in transferring to one of the these schools from a tier 1 Northeast LAC.

Wake Forest
Tulane
Washington and Lee
Furman
Vandy
Rhodes
Sewanee
Davidson
Duke

I know this isn't the right place to post but I'm having trouble posting in the other topics.

By Washu07 (Washu07) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 11:27 am: Edit

i dont' know about statistics, but:

i think tulane would not be difficult to transfer into. that might be a safety.

wake might be a middle ground.

washington and lee is a HARD school to get into.. no one realizes that.

furman very easy.

vandy more of a reach.

rhodes very easy.

sewanee very easy.

davidson more of a reach.

duke a reach.

it would help if you said what your gpa was and what your sat's were when you took them in h.s. (that matters with transfer admissions).

good luck.

By Nate8585 (Nate8585) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 11:56 am: Edit

My SAT's were pretty low 1250 and my hs gpa a 4.0. College gpa is around a 3.6. I totally agree with you in regards to W&L. I applied there and was rejected that was my first choice but I did understand how difficult it was.

By Willywonka (Willywonka) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 01:37 pm: Edit

I think I've totally been underestimating the difficulty of getting into W&L. Before, when my guidance counselor told me to be apprehensive because it's very hard to get in, I thought he was just the typical resident of this area, thinking that everything but the local college is off-limits. I started to question my thinking when in the Princeton Review book (the old one, before every school's index went up like crazy) W&L had a 99, making it, like, the only school other than the Ivies with that number.

By Vadad (Vadad) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 05:23 pm: Edit

Davidson had exactly 1 transfer student this year. I think open slots are pretty rare there.

By Nate8585 (Nate8585) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 11:16 pm: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page