Yet another final(?) college list

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: Yet another final(?) college list
By Aceofhearts54 (Aceofhearts54) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 11:02 pm: Edit

I've been trying to finalize my college list for awhile now, and I think I have a pretty solid list. I want to major in economics or finance.

my list...
Dartmouth
Northwestern
Colgate
Wake Forest
Lehigh
Illinois Wesleyan
Lake Forest
Kalamazoo College

my stats are here http://www.prstats.com/2009/display.php?user=AbsolutClaire

Do I have a decent list as far as reach/match/safties go? Anything I should add or drop? Thanks!

By Takeheart (Takeheart) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 11:37 pm: Edit

I think that your list is fairly well balanced. You don't have any extreme reaches (which is a good thing). I'm not too familiar with the bottom half of your list, but I'm assuming that you will get into them with your stats. I think that you have a good chance of getting into either D or NW, so it's feasible that you will end up at one of your reaches. Are you applying early anywhere?

By Aceofhearts54 (Aceofhearts54) on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 11:59 pm: Edit

I want to do ED at Northwestern or Dartmouth, however I don't want to do it with out visiting both first. I already visited Northwestern (only an hour and half from me) and liked it a lot, but I won't be able to make it to see my east coast schools until after the ED deadline. I don't want to ED Dartmouth with out actually going there first, and don't want ED Northwestern with out seeing if I like Dartmouth better... So unless I can work out an earlier visit I think I'm sticking regular. Oh well, if the worst happens I really like Lake Forest and its a solid safety. :)

By Mini (Mini) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 12:09 am: Edit

All good choices. Note that if you are into international study, Kalamazoo leads the nation - it actually requires it.

By Takeheart (Takeheart) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 12:18 am: Edit

It's nice to see that you won't commit to ED without seeing BOTH schools. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders in realizing that it's more about fit than strategy. That being said, it really would be good if you could get to D before the deadline. I would say that an early app at NW or D would be a very good bet.

By Par72 (Par72) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 12:23 am: Edit

Might want to look at Holy Cross or Bucknell.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page