Newsweek's "America's 25 Hot Schools"

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: Newsweek's "America's 25 Hot Schools"
By Kk19131 (Kk19131) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 01:21 am: Edit

I only care because my school is in there

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5626574/site/newsweek/

By Arthurd (Arthurd) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 01:37 am: Edit

I won't ask how Datmouth got hottest for tech-savvy and MIT hottest architecture.

Interesting list nonetheless.

By Gojumbos (Gojumbos) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 01:37 am: Edit

haha, wow aren't you modest....

Tufts is in there too bit I didn't make a whole new topic to boast about it! Oh well, I guess it is all good fun. These articles are the ones that I enjoy reading, because they actually provide well-synthesized insight and not just biased numerical "rankings" (eh hem, usnews). Also, this publication has more of an amusing theme to it (note the picture!), so it portrays the stressful application process in a different light. Hope everone else enjoys it!

-Mike

By Cornellhopeful (Cornellhopeful) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 02:13 am: Edit

hmm, George Washington for politics....Maybe they forgot how to spell GEORGETOWN. No offense to any GWUers, it's all in good fun and rivalry,lol.

By Reidmc (Reidmc) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 02:35 am: Edit

hot schools. . .how about Death Valley Community College?

By Jestersz (Jestersz) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 03:00 am: Edit

Arthurd, why Dartmouth for tech savvy hotness?... well, because it true.

The first ivy to be completely wired, then the first one to be completely wireless, and now the first to deploy VOIP. Heck, Dartmouth had a campus wide e-mail system before e-mail was a word, that’s why we have blitz-mail. Technology is integrated seamlessly into every thing we do. Oh, and by the way, Intel corroborates Newsweek’s ranking, putting Dartmouth 5th as the most unwired campus, your college, Rochester Institute of Technology, ranks 98th.

By Kimfuge (Kimfuge) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 03:28 am: Edit

Dartmouth is a great school
btw, U.S. News ranking is coming out on the 20th

By Arthurd (Arthurd) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 10:57 am: Edit

Jestersz, would you like a cookie?

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 11:14 am: Edit

Hey, it's okay to boast a little (little being the operative word) and have some school pride.

By Kk19131 (Kk19131) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 12:19 pm: Edit

Why go to college if you can't boast about it?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page