Help with finding schools to look at

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: Help with finding schools to look at
By Lizbeth443 (Lizbeth443) on Thursday, August 19, 2004 - 12:15 am: Edit

Hello. This is my first post on the board- I've been reading for months, but since I'm having trouble, I figured that you would be the people to ask for help.
I've looked at St. Joe's (in Philly) University of Delaware, Rutgers, College of NJ, and I will be applying to those. However, I'm having trouble finding other schools to apply to.
I'm thinking of majoring in political science, international relations, or English.
(I'm a rising senior in NJ, attending Catholic HS)

Stats:
SAT- Verbal: 780, Math: 690 (I may be re-taking them in the fall)
SAT II's- Writing: 760, Literature: 760, US History: 710
My GPA is approximately 3.2 (I got a D in accelerated chem in soph year) and I'm in the top twenty percent of my class. Mostly accelerated/AP classes, with some honors classes.
AP's- AP English Composition and AP US History in junior year, both 5
Senior year I will be taking AP English Literature and AP European History.
My senior year schedule: the two APís, honors math, honors anatomy, honors journalism, psychology, and religion (required).
Activities: debate (will be for all four years, team captain for the last two, made it to nationals sophomore year), service club (four years), environmental club (four years), youth group (five years), academic team (two years), newspaper (two years, possibly an editor next year), Students in Action Club (three years, organized Thanksgiving food drive)
Service: volunteered as a camp counselor at a drama camp for several summers, went on a Habitat for Humanity-style trip to West Virginia twice, organized a book drive for a low-income school.
Won my schoolís Academic Medallion (over 7.0 GPA weighted), English award and social studies awards every year.
I will also be a national merit commended student.

Any suggestions for other schools in the northeast or mid-Atlantic region that I can get into? Thanks so much.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page