|By Casablanca (Casablanca) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 11:44 pm: Edit|
What are my chances at Lehigh 7-year dental and at the regular college?
My stats are as follows:
Attend Brooklyn Technical High School (one of the top public schools, I believe)
1440 SAT (730M, 710V)
SAT 2's (Chem 730, Math IIc 800, Writing 790)
86 avg. UW (my major classes are alot better (95 science average) but three years of spanish really brought me down)
if you drop freshman year I have above a 91 avg(including soph spanish).
I have completed 2 college courses at 3 credits each but my school doesnt figure these classes into the gpa
Hunter College (sociology) - 4.0
Long Island University (history of cilivizations)4.0
AP Chemistry - 4(part of my high school major)
Next year I will be taking
AP CALC AB,
Organic Chemistry (3 pds. first term)
Quantitative Analysis (3 pds. second term)
- Three years paid intern at a doctors office.
- Long Island University College Project (this is why I was able to take two classes there)
- Treasurer of Jewish Club (3 yrs)
- Won two poetry contests. ($10,000 total)
- Tutor fourth graders at local public school on Wed.
- Volunteer at Hospital in Health Careers Exploration Program(completed and passed a Unit clerk, Anatomy and Physiology, and Basic Heart Physiology courses) (500+ hours)
- Play piano for 9 years, will get ranked this summer.
So, what do you guys think? Be as harsh as possible.
|By Lenk58 (Lenk58) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 03:44 pm: Edit|
I think you have a very good shot aty Lehigh. As I am sure you know your GPA is low, however, if Spanish brought it down that is not as bad. All things being said you should make it.
|By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 05:51 pm: Edit|
dental i'm not sure about. You definitely have a shot. Most of the 7year/5year/combined/etc.. programs are highly selective and accodomate only a few number of students.
As for the regualr school... I think you are looking good
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|