Cornell ED and Chicago EA

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: Cornell ED and Chicago EA
By Apply85 (Apply85) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 10:38 pm: Edit

This question was on the Cornell board, but I don't think it'll get too much attention there. Anyway, can you apply ED Cornell and EA Chicago at the same time? A couple of people said you couldn't, but I've heard you can.

Thanks in advance.

By Apply85 (Apply85) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 01:37 am: Edit

bump

By Apply85 (Apply85) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 01:37 am: Edit

bump

By Ahwosg (Ahwosg) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 01:54 am: Edit

you can't apply to anything else early if you're applying ED. i'm pretty sure that's the rule. you can send out RD apps but if you get in you're supposed to immediately withdraw.

By Apply85 (Apply85) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 02:25 am: Edit

I can't apply EA somewhere and withdraw it if I get into ED?

By Anthony (Anthony) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 05:12 am: Edit

Ahwosq's information is completely wrong... With the sole (to my knowledge) exceptions of Princeton and Brown, you can apply to a school's ED program and also apply to schools that have open EA (but not schools that have single choice EA).

So yes, you can apply to Cornell ED and Chicago EA... However, if Cornell accepts you ED, you must enroll at Cornell and withdraw your Chicago app.

By Apply85 (Apply85) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 03:36 pm: Edit

Do you have evidence of this? Not to be an ••••••• or anything, but I don't know who to believe on this damn board.

By Apply85 (Apply85) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 09:29 pm: Edit

bump

By Tlaktan (Tlaktan) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 09:42 pm: Edit

Apply85: Anthony is correct.

Only Georgetown EA, and a few other SCEA programs (Georgetown is not SCEA, but it does rule out the application into Early Decision Schools) do not allow you to apply Early Action there and Early Decision.

Chicago EA is not one of them. You may apply to Chicago EA and then Cornell ED.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page