Where should I go for Graduate Screenwriting?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: Where should I go for Graduate Screenwriting?
By Nevenaf (Nevenaf) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 04:05 pm: Edit

I know the top schools, the obvious ones (UCLA, USC, NYU, and Columbia), and a few others, but I need safety schools that don't suck. I don't know which ones are good and how hard they are to get into. I want a program that isn't just an MFA in Film. I want either an MFA in Screenwriting or an MFA in Film with a concentration or emphasis in Screenwriting. Other schools I've heard of are Chapman, Loyola Marymount, Academy of Art College, AFI. I don't know too much about them. Any suggestions or ideas about the quality and competitiveness of these or other programs? HELP!

By Alan5 (Alan5) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 04:06 pm: Edit

How about Boston University and Emerson College?

By Nevenaf (Nevenaf) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 06:57 pm: Edit

Thanks! Wow, yeah, I didn't know about Boston University's program. It looks great! Emerson doesn't have a Screenwriting program, only an MFA in Creative Writing with some Screenwriting classes, according to the website. Any idea how competitive Boston is and how good the program is?
I appreciate the info!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page