Transfers QUESTIOn

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: Transfers QUESTIOn
By Liek0806 (Liek0806) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 03:56 pm: Edit

If your a comm college transfer, in what school year do you apply to a 4 year school, especially when there's only 2 years of community college?

Does a transfer apply during the fall semester of their 2nd year? If so, that's only like 30 credits that they have accumalated from your 1st year, does this seem right? is that how it works, because from my understanding don't you need to have more units to be able to apply as a transfer? If you do need more units isn't it like 60? which basically mean you graduate community college and then apply? or what?

By Liek0806 (Liek0806) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 07:30 pm: Edit


By Liek0806 (Liek0806) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 07:38 pm: Edit

i know there has got to be some transfers in here who have applied to 4 year schools before.

By Kriskrass (Kriskrass) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 07:40 pm: Edit

you apply during novemeber of your final year since youre most likely still taking courses you fill out the WIP (ORK IN PROGRESS) and update it after you finish thsoe courses. I myself still have to take like 13 units in spring and just updated my info. This was for the UC system

By Shyboy13 (Shyboy13) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 07:55 pm: Edit

It depends on when you start CC and when you can (or want to) transfer. Still, you should apply when you forecast you will have enough units to transfer. For example, say you have 30 units completed and you need 60 to transfer in Fall 2005. Many schools applications are due in Nov or Dec. If you started in Fall 04, you need to submit your application when you have 30 units and 15 in progress. You then finish your classes for Fall and send in your transcripts. Now you have 45 units completed. You take your 15 units in the Spring and get your acceptance letter in Spring also. You then transfer with 60 units. This was just a simple explanation but you could easily just go to the councelors office and/or hte university's website and get more information.

By Liek0806 (Liek0806) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 11:25 pm: Edit

so do they base their admissions on just the 45 units

By Kriskrass (Kriskrass) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 11:51 pm: Edit

pretty much they just give you some generic warning about " keeping up academic performance"

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page