Does it matter what school i go to if i wanna major in accou

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: Does it matter what school i go to if i wanna major in accou
By Pop123 (Pop123) on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 05:02 pm: Edit

hey guys im thinking of majoring in accounting with finance or MIS...does it really matter where i attend for undergrad? I am looking for a good school east of the mississippi....1510 3.9 3/496 ... money is an issue! :(

By Liek0806 (Liek0806) on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 07:25 pm: Edit

Career wise I believe it's the person's drive that gets them to places, no matter where they go for education, but with your stats, you can defenitly get into some of top 25's, and top 25's usually are need blind, and award you finacial aid based on how needy your family is, so if your poor most likely you'll be getting a lot of help financially from ivies and schools in that level, however if your parents do have a large income but they can't afford college education, then schools like boston u will give you a huge financial aid package with your stats.

By Vulcano (Vulcano) on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 11:27 pm: Edit

Tulane has a fantastic accounting course (Burkenroad Reports) that truly almost guarantees a great job at graduation. Not only that, but Tulane is rapidly on the rise and would surely give great deals of merit and need based aid to a person with your stats. I suggest you at least apply there as a safety/match.

By Parentofteen (Parentofteen) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 11:12 pm: Edit

Wake Forest has one of the top accounting programs in the nation and has consistently ranked in first or second place for percentage of graduates passing the entire CPA exam on their first sitting. It is a five year program, complete with internship at a major firm, and it includes an undergrad degree plus a master's degree in finance. My niece completed it in 2001 and has been extremely successful in the job market since then. She was offered jobs months before her graduation due to the prestige of Wake's program.

By Parentofteen (Parentofteen) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 11:14 pm: Edit

With your stats, there would probably be a strong chance of earning a major scholarship to Wake Forest. It is an expensive school, but well worth every penny for a successful career in accounting.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page