Chemistry schools within reach

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: Chemistry schools within reach
By Chememily (Chememily) on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 03:51 pm: Edit

I'm going to be a senior this fall and I am beginning to apply to colleges. I already know I want to major in Chemistry, but I am having troubles making a list of schools to apply to. I have a 3.6 GPA and a 1290 (640V, 650M) SAT ( I plan on taking the SATs again in October). On the SAT II's I got 650 on writing, chemistry, and math (weird, huh?).

The other part of this dilemma is that i have to stay on the East coast. I live in Maryland and quite frankly there isn't much variety. And just to make the whole situation even more confusing, I would love to go to a city school.

So, if anyone out there can think of THE PERFECT school(s) for me, I would love to hear what they have to say.

College List (as of yet):
University of Maryland - College Park
University of Delaware
University of Pittsburgh
Carnegie Mellon (super reach, I know)
University of Maryland - Baltimore County

By Pafather (Pafather) on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 05:05 pm: Edit

Case Western. Not exactly on east coast, but if you are willing to consider Pittsburgh, then Cleveland is not much further.

By Collegeparent (Collegeparent) on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 05:42 pm: Edit

Also look at University of Rochester, Drexel in Philadelphia since you want a city, also Lehigh would be a good possibility for you depending on your ECs and recs. You might also look at Juniata in Pennsylvania. And Case Western is another great idea for you.

By Jjsmom (Jjsmom) on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 10:04 pm: Edit

Rutgers (NJ) has a top notch chem department, and it's inexpensive, even for out of staters.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page