Where to Go? Psyc Major

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: Where to Go? Psyc Major
By Jl87d (Jl87d) on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 04:43 am: Edit

I need help deciding where to go, some one please help.

I'm looking to major in psychology, so it's a must that the school have a good (and preferably renown) psychology department(as I'm planing on applying to graduate school). My EFC is very low(4) so, the school will also need to offer quiet a bit of financial aid. The setting/location is not very important to me, but I would prefer: to stay on the west coast, and be able to live on campus.

I have a 3.8 gpa, scored a 1370 on my SAT, and am planing on attending a local community college at first, and then transferring. Where should/could I go?

By Alexandre (Alexandre) on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 04:48 am: Edit

Why community college? You have excellent scores. Did you take a challenging courseload? Any APs? If so, and if you can raise your SATs by 100 points, you have a real shot at many top private universities that would cover your financial needs.

By Jl87d (Jl87d) on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 04:57 am: Edit

'Why community college?'

I'm going to a comunity college to be close to home. Why? Well I graduated a little early, I'm 16, and honestly I just don't think I'm ready to be on my own quite yet.

By Jl87d (Jl87d) on Friday, August 13, 2004 - 10:43 pm: Edit

Bump

By Jl87d (Jl87d) on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 06:14 pm: Edit

Bump, please, I still need some suggestions.

By Jl87d (Jl87d) on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 10:18 pm: Edit

bump, still

By Zacdizzle (Zacdizzle) on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 10:50 pm: Edit

University of Florida
?

By Jonw222 (Jonw222) on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 10:51 pm: Edit

If you want to stay on the West Coast, look into the UC System. Many of the schools (not just UCLA, and UC Berkeley) have top notch psychology departments. A short list:

UC Los Angeles
UC Berkeley
UC San Diego
UC Riverside
UC Santa Barbara

Psychology is a popular major and you shouldn't have problems finding a very good program on the West Coast. All of the programs have famous faculty members.

JW

By Liek0806 (Liek0806) on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 11:54 pm: Edit

i'm still wondering why dont you just go to a 4 year after high school you have really good stats, go to the nearest 4 year which would be?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page