Good or bad decision!?!?!?!??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: Good or bad decision!?!?!?!??
By Manofdayear2013 (Manofdayear2013) on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 01:06 pm: Edit

My brother turned down RPI's medal scholarship (60000 over 4 years) to attend Bowdoin College in September with NO Financial Aid. Is 15k/year worth the difference between Bowdoin and RPI???

By Barrons (Barrons) on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 01:38 pm: Edit

I'd rather go to Bowdoin if I could afford it.

By Alexandre (Alexandre) on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 01:40 pm: Edit

If money is not an issue, Bowdoin is a superior experience.

By Toblin (Toblin) on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 01:54 pm: Edit

RPI a great engineering/sciences school with a weak humanities program, while Bowdoin is a great humanities/sciences school but with NO engineering? So I’m guessing he’s a science major. $60 grand EXTRA for a better “quality of life’ 7 mos. a year for 4 years is allot.

By Asianalto (Asianalto) on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 03:54 pm: Edit

Yeah, my brother turned down a similar deal -full ride at Holy Cross for Brown, mostly because he didn't like the violin teacher at Holy Cross. I think it really depends on what you want. My brother was contemplating being a music major, so that made sense, and if your brother wanted to do something that RPI didn't offer or wasn't strong in, then it's probably worth the extra money to go to Bowdoin.

By Dazed04confused (Dazed04confused) on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 07:26 am: Edit

RPI has a weak quality of life compared to Bowdoin, which arguably offers one of the best undergraduate experiences in the country. You made a wise choice.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page