Beantown help

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: Beantown help
By Shannon05 (Shannon05) on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 09:08 pm: Edit

okie dokie, so im looking to maybe major in photography. i really really like the city of boston so im looking into schools there, my only problem is idk what schools have photography as a major that i can get into. I only carry a 2.8, got a 24 on my ACT. i liked the looks of northeastern, but i dont think i have a chance at that school really, thats a big reach for me. Does anyone know of a good school in boston that has a major in photography that i have a chance of getting into with my scores and gpa. I've been involved in alot of extra activities(includeing photography club, which would look good b/c i wanna major in it), and i kno i could get good recommendations.sorry to ramble on but i figured i should put my whole situation into it.

By Judy (Judy) on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 10:35 pm: Edit

Just wanted to mention a school on the North Shore of Boston, about 30 minutes north along the coast in a town called Beverly. It is an art school with a very good reputation. They do have a photography major. The website is: www.montserrat.edu

By Alan5 (Alan5) on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 10:49 pm: Edit

How about Mass College of Art. But you will probably need a portfolio to get admitted.

By Shannon05 (Shannon05) on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 10:55 pm: Edit

alan5, thatd be a very good school except im lookin for a reg college that will teach me some stuff and not base me on a portfolio,ill prob. apply to northeastern for the heck of it, but im looking for back up schools

By Shannon05 (Shannon05) on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 06:11 pm: Edit

b-u-m-p

By Newnudad (Newnudad) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 04:29 pm: Edit

I don't know anything about Montesserat College, but my oldest son was born in Beverly MA and it is a BEAUTIFUL area! There is also a nice LAC - Exeter College? in the area... On the ocean... Send them an App!

By Judy (Judy) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 11:12 pm: Edit

I think Newnudad meant to say Endicott College. It is in Beverly and on the ocean.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page