The University of Florida -- Selectivity Ranking 98!?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: The University of Florida -- Selectivity Ranking 98!?
By Goodchocolate (Goodchocolate) on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 10:23 am: Edit

The University of Florida's selectivity ranking is now a 98!!! It's tied with Cornell!

Is this possible, or is it some kind of mistake?

By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 12:40 pm: Edit

read the other post in this thread entitled "Northeaser(wow)!"...and you will be able to judge for yourself just how bogus PR is

By Rogracer (Rogracer) on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 01:30 pm: Edit

I don't place much stock in those rankings, but UF has gotten pretty hard to get into....80% of the incomming class was in the top 10% of their HS class. There are a lot of upset people down here that their 4.0 students with 1300+ SATs got rejected....Florida's "Bright Future" scholarships, and an influx of northen students, has definitely made it a selective school. Barron's now rates it in the "Most Selective" category.

By Slipstream99 (Slipstream99) on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 07:36 pm: Edit

um...if you go to google and type in "university of florida selectivity", the cache shows 88%. It also says this in the little blib underneath the result. I'm guessing some dimwit just hit 9 instead of 8. Maybe I'm wrong though. But hey, the more 'presitigious' the better cuz i have a full ride there... :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page