OK so which college is best for BIOLOGY/BIOCHEMISTRY?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: OK so which college is best for BIOLOGY/BIOCHEMISTRY?
By Perfectdark9 (Perfectdark9) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 01:35 pm: Edit

Biology/Biochemistry... note that I'm NOT asking about biomed engineering...

Harvard? John Hopkins? Which else?

By Im_Blue (Im_Blue) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 06:45 pm: Edit

Stanford, Berkeley, MIT, Caltech, Yale, Duke

By Genova (Genova) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 09:25 pm: Edit

If you're not too picky about it being private/ivy league, try UMBC (University of Maryland, Baltimore County), which has renowned programs in both Biology and Biochemistry. You're probably going to receive the same foundation as you would at the above-mentioned universities, but for a lot less money.

By Alexandre (Alexandre) on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 01:07 am: Edit

Harvard and Stanford are generally known for Biology and biochem. But Johns Hopkins and Cal-Berkeley are certainly as good and as respected. MIT and Caltech are also awesome. Finally, do not underestimate Wisconsin Madison, which is generally considered top 5 in Biochemistry. It is a great backup and a great place to study because of the beauty of the campus, the pleasant nature of the city it is located in and the overall quality and reputation of the school.

So, if I were to major in Biochem, I would recommend the following schools, in that order:

#1 Harvard
#1 Stanford
#3 Johns Hopkins
#3 Cal-Berkeley
#3 MIT
#6 Caltech
#7 Wisconsin-Madison

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page