What College should I chose???

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: What College should I chose???
By Akarory (Akarory) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 10:20 am: Edit

What is a good South Carolina PUBLIC college? Thats good in academics, good for pre-med, and isn't a MAJOR party school??? Thanks for all your help.

By Akarory (Akarory) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 04:16 pm: Edit

???

By American_Ace (American_Ace) on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 04:56 am: Edit

???

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 11:19 am: Edit

How many public schools ARE there in South Carolina? Sounds like you're from there, so how should we know more about South Carolina public universities than you?

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 01:30 pm: Edit

Obviously, you need to have more than one choice in terms of applying to schools - you can't be certain you'll be accepted to any particular school.

Without knowing your stats, it's hard to make specific recommendations but I'd suggest you begin by taking a close look at either The College of Charleston (very good pre-med, sends approx. 12% of its graduating class on to med school) or Clemson. While they may not fit your definition of "not a major party school" they are probably the two best public choices for pre-med students in South Carolina.

Although you say you want public schools, if your stats are good, I'd also recommend you look at Furman U and Presbyterian College - both have good pre-med programs. You may either get merit aid or financial aid at both schools.

And, of course, it might not hurt to consider schools outside of South Carolina as well.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page