B+ student 1200 SAT

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: B+ student 1200 SAT
By Infopls (Infopls) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 07:10 am: Edit

Looking for ideas. Want college with school spirit, interest in sports. Interested possibly in health career or business. Any ideas?
Don't think ones with huge classes are good for me.

By Alan5 (Alan5) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 08:23 am: Edit

Check out Boston College (reach), Boston University (reach), Northeastern (match), Syracuse(match),UConn (match), and UMass (safety).

By Woogiewilly25 (Woogiewilly25) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 12:18 am: Edit

University of Maryland...granted its a big school, TONS of school spirit in football basketball and lax....business school is awesome, but you'll need a 1300 or higher to get into the bus. school. I'm going there for journalism....I had 1250 and was a high B+ student. good luck

By Asianalto (Asianalto) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 01:46 am: Edit

Syracuse has school spirit up the wazoo. Maybe Villanova? I don't know much about its selectivity though.

By Thekev (Thekev) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 01:34 pm: Edit

Syracuse
Holy Cross
Fordham
Clemson
Marquette
OK State
UT Austin
Purdue
Florida
Tennessee
Gonzaga

By Par72 (Par72) on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 12:17 am: Edit

Holy Cross, Colgate, Davidson, Duke.

By Alexandre (Alexandre) on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 01:12 am: Edit

You guys are forgetting Indiana University-Bloomington. Incredible schools spirit, gorgeous campus, quaint and fun little college town and a top 10 Business School. Mean SAT score is 1100, mean GPA of eventering class is 3.5.

That would be my first choice given your interests and credentials.

By Infopls (Infopls) on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 08:32 am: Edit

Alexandre - what about huge classes? What's IU usual class siaze?

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 10:18 pm: Edit

Gettysburg in Pennsylvania might be an option for you. Has excellent pre-health science programs and a good business program as well. It's a smaller school with lots of personalized attention. Dickinson, Lafayette, and Franklin & Marshall - all also in Pennsylvania - would also fit what you're looking for in terms of class size and programs. They'd be realistic reaches for you. You might also check into Juniata College, also in Pennsylvania.

Other possibilities to look into: Trinity University in Texas, Trinity College in CT.,
Goucher College in Maryland, Denison in Ohio,
the College of Wooster in Ohio, Knox in Illinois, the University of Puget Sound in Washington, the University of Denver.

If you don't mind a Catholic school, some other options would include: Fairfield in CT, Marist in NY, University of San Diego in Calif, Seattle U in Washington, Loyola College in Maryland.

By Sooky6 (Sooky6) on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 01:48 pm: Edit

Gettysburg is a GREAT suggestion, as are UMD and Indiana (get more info on class sizes in your area of interest if that is a concern). Villanova too. (I'm just here to echo!) Maybe University of Delaware, and Penn State is great for business.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page