Any opinions about these colleges.....

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: Any opinions about these colleges.....
By Boomer01 (Boomer01) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 02:22 am: Edit

I need some opinions or help in evaluating these uinvesities:
Louisiana State University and A&M College
Louisiana Tech University
Tulane University

I will be majoring in engineering and need to know if they have solid program which will help me get a job or get my masters.

By Boomer01 (Boomer01) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 07:50 am: Edit

bumpsy bump

By Alongfortheride (Alongfortheride) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 09:28 am: Edit

Boomer, there's a thread on the parent's forum from awhile back that ask's the question "What Do Parents Think of Tulane?". There's a lot of info there. One of my husband's long time bosses from years back got his engineering degree from LSU. He was a great engineer. I don't know much about the program. My son is starting Tulane in two weeks. He is going into EE with a possible double major in Comp. Eng. It just depends on how his AP shakes out. Loved the individual attention and the undergrad research opportunities are numerous. Not to mention the total undergrad experience there.

Read the article on the web site about the $60 million donation that came last week. It's intended goal is to help keep the merit money coming. It's very interesting. Also read the strategic plan for the university. Engineering figures prominantly into the picture.

By Boomer01 (Boomer01) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 10:11 am: Edit

thanks for the info... If anyone has info for Bucknell's engineering program, it would be appreciated.

By Collegehelper (Collegehelper) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 11:41 am: Edit

Lehigh has a highly respected engineering program as well.

By Vulcano (Vulcano) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 11:51 am: Edit

Tulane and A&M both have incredible engineering programs, but Tulane is on the rise thanks to donations and better applicants so its a better way to go IMO.

By Boomer01 (Boomer01) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 03:56 am: Edit

bumpty bumps

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page