Biofuel Innovation/Engineering?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: Biofuel Innovation/Engineering?
By Lucifersam (Lucifersam) on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 03:50 pm: Edit

In light of all of the problems that seem to be arising from the preciousness of "fossil fuels" nowadays, I have been partly considering a career or at least a bit of study that would help me to maybe even possibly engineer an efficient and realistic "biofuel" (Like the sort made from cooking grease or something else common and renewable). Under what field of study would be most practical to go under if I wanted to do something like this? Frankly, I'm totally clueless. Would it simply be just Chemistry, or what? If anyone knows or has a suggestion, please post. I'm pretty much undecided as to what I truly want to concentrate on in college, but there's a possibility it could be this.

By the way, I know I will now have 2 threads of mine at the very top of the board, but I have a lot of questions these days that I'd like answered.

By Lucifersam (Lucifersam) on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 08:41 pm: Edit

bump

By Lucifersam (Lucifersam) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 01:19 am: Edit

Bump. Would no one have any idea whatsoever?

By Boomer01 (Boomer01) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 01:37 am: Edit

chemical or petroleum engineering

By Arthurd (Arthurd) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 01:57 am: Edit

Yup, chemical and petroleum engineering.

By Stacy (Stacy) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 02:27 pm: Edit

if you are female, smith college has just started an engineering program (the first all-female class of engineers EVER in the US graduated this may) and they have a strong focus on environmental responsibility in all areas of engineering.

By Thekev (Thekev) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 02:30 pm: Edit

Look at oklahoma State

By Emeraldkity4 (Emeraldkity4) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 02:33 pm: Edit

http://www.fuelwerks.com/

this guy would know

http://www.livejournal.com/community/biodiesel/18607.html

By Sokkermom (Sokkermom) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 03:09 pm: Edit

Aren't you going to the University of Kentucky?

"The University of Kentucky's Department of Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering is committed to excellence. Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering provides an essential link between the biological sciences and the engineering profession. This linkage is necessary for the development of food and fiber production and processing systems which preserve our natural resource base."

You could also check out the Environmental Engineering Department.

( I work in a related field- so this caught my eye.)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page