PLEASE HELP A KID FROM CHICAGO WHOSE COUNSELORS DON'T CARE!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: PLEASE HELP A KID FROM CHICAGO WHOSE COUNSELORS DON'T CARE!!
By Collegebound05 (Collegebound05) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 02:28 pm: Edit

Ok, well, my counselors kinda do care, but that's besides the point here. Only one person replied to my last post (thanks, man) so I needed a catchy title. Anyway....
I need to see what school that I would probably get into before I start to apply. I'm from Illinois, but I would like to go to a school in Florida, hopefully FSU or UF.I would like to go to UF for their pharmacy program, but if that doesn't work out, I would go to FSU and take pre-med courses (that is if i decide not to go into pharmacy in the next year.) here are my stats:

4.26 GPA
27 ACT
Havent taken SAT yet (I live in Illinois and they don't really push it here, but I plan to)
My EC's
Job at a non-for-profit organization called Target Hope
Student in Target Hope program
School Choir (2 yrs)
Literary Magazine
Newspaper Staff
College Bridge program (take college classes at the local university, Chicago State)
National Honor Society
Youth Member at church

Even though a school in Florida is my first choice, I encourage all suggestions! Thanks so much! I really need this!

By Collegeparent (Collegeparent) on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 11:44 am: Edit

You might also look at the University of Georgia in Athens for its pharmacy program.

By Reidmc (Reidmc) on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 10:27 pm: Edit

UW Madison and Drake are two midwestern schools with good pharmacy programs.

By Lucifersam (Lucifersam) on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 11:03 pm: Edit

Vanderbilt and Duke both have great med programs I hear.

By Stacy (Stacy) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 02:30 pm: Edit

University of Rhode Island has a great (and really competitive) pharmacy program...6 years, and you leave with a pharm.D

By Collegebound05 (Collegebound05) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 02:50 pm: Edit

awww thanks guys, i appreciate it.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page