Minnesota...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: June 2004 Archive: Minnesota...
By Xjarx (Xjarx) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 12:12 pm: Edit

Eh anyone heard of University of Minnesota, Crookston? What is the difference between Crookston and Twin Cities?

By Apemanttt (Apemanttt) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 12:59 pm: Edit

Look on a map where Crookston and Minneapolis/St. Paul are.

Crookston is in northwest MN and is an entirely different college I believe. :/ They are affiliated in some way actually....

By Boxmaker1917 (Boxmaker1917) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 08:47 pm: Edit

The University of Minnesota has several campuses throughout the state. The primary campus (which includes most of the graduate schools) is located in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul). Different campuses also may focus on a particular program or programs which may be of particular interest. Credits earned at one campus are transferable throughout the University. In addition to the U of M, there is a separate system of State Universities (e.g., St. Cloud State, Mankato State, etc.) which offer their own strengths.

By Atownstomp (Atownstomp) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 11:45 pm: Edit

i'm from minneosta, and besides the main one in the twin cities, there are u of minnesota campuses in duluth, crookston, and morris. duluth is a really great town set on the shores of lake superior. the campus is on a hill that overlooks the lake, which is really more like an ocean as the horizon disappears into the water. morris is probably one of the top 2 public lac's in the country, but, much like crookston, is located in a smaller town away from any larger cities. they're all good schools, i will probably apply to u of mn-tc along with madison as my safeties to some of the ivy league colleges

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 12:54 am: Edit

Crookston is the least known of the U of M schools it is in a dinky town (like Morris) I wouldn't go to either one...TC has the most resources

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page