Pick me a college offering financial aid to international st

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: June 2004 Archive: Pick me a college offering financial aid to international st
By Avinash_Agrawal (Avinash_Agrawal) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 04:08 am: Edit

please let me know bout colleges that'd be good for me..i'll be applying as an international student and will probably need full funding..

SATs- 1300 verbal-590 math-710
(im taking the SATs again and im confident to do better)
rank in top 10% percent of a class of 100
GPA 92%

interests- writing, community service,music, debating, elocution, swimming, reciptent of 'The International Award For Young People' (Duke of Edinburgh Award)-Bronze and Silver award, Dramatics

By Acennace (Acennace) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 08:49 am: Edit

AvinashAgrawal - Your stat is very similar to mine (and I'm also an international student), so it's fair for me to post my acceptance + financial aid status here.

SATs- 1290 verbal-530 math-760
Rank: top 1% (as written in the recommendation by my counselor), class of 96 (?)
GPA 91%

Acceptance:
-UVA, no financial aid
-UW-Madison, no financial aid
-Truman State University, $3000 Presidential Honorary Award
-Illinois Wesleyan University, $12,000 Achievement Award, $1500 Loan (insreasing every year), work-study grant.

UVA has the Jefferson Scholar award (full scholarship, 2 or 3 int'ls per year), but it's super hard to get.

UW-Madison, I think, has the minority scholarship thing, but not sure if int'ls can get it.

Truman State is very affordable. The total cost is about $17000 and I think they have the full scholarship, but u gotta apply early.

Illinois Wesleyan is a liberal arts university. It has 2 full scholarship special for int'ls. I think my SAT and late application are what prevent me from getting the top award =P. They didn't ask me for financial letter thing, they just asked me how much my parents were able to pay. My bill after all the financial thing is $18,480. I'm going there.

Waitlisted:
-UNCCH

Flat Rejected:
-NYU

By Guitarshredder (Guitarshredder) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 10:54 am: Edit

With Illinois Wesleyan University to get merit aid you need to be in the top 25% of your high school class and have an ACT above 28 (but I heard they're changing it to 29).

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 01:53 pm: Edit

Full rides are very hard to find if you're an international student unless you have top stats.
However, you might take a look at the College of Wooster in Ohio, Washington College in Maryland,
and Hendrix College in Arkansas. All have good programs in your areas of interest and do give financial aid to international students with stats similar to yours. Good luck.

By Avinash_Agrawal (Avinash_Agrawal) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 07:47 am: Edit

thanx for the help guys..i'll check out the colleges

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page