Potential

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: June 2004 Archive: Potential
By Kimfuge (Kimfuge) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 02:09 am: Edit

If a coach says he'll put you on his list as a potential varsity player during my four years in college, how much does that affect my college decision? thx.

By Arizonamom (Arizonamom) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 12:29 am: Edit

Can you give more details. First pick a college you want to go to academically and then secondly look at athletics unless you are a future Olympian. Which school are you talking about? At some colleges coaches have a huge input such as Duke. At others they have less impact on admissions and act more like another letter of recommendation. It depends on the Division and the sport. If you provide more information I can try to help.

By Kimfuge (Kimfuge) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 12:34 am: Edit

Thanks Arizonamom, this is what the coach told me: "I can help you by putting your name down on my list as a potential player during your 4 years at college. That's about all I could do, unless you show me some record of your international results and squash potential that I can count on to help you any further." This is what the coach from harvard said. I'm being recruited by other colleges, but what the coach said above, such as "putting my name on a list as a potential player" is something I am unfamiliar with." Not really sure if that means im getting recruited or not. Probably not, but then i was curious. thanks for your help

By Arizonamom (Arizonamom) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 10:44 pm: Edit

Sounds like it would certainly help. I would visit with him and get him all the info you can. He could help tip the admissions.Ask him how much input he has? I'm not familiar with sports at Harvard.I know they don't have scholarships. He probably is saying you could be a walk on. Sounds good!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page