University of British Columbia (UBC)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: June 2004 Archive: University of British Columbia (UBC)
By Whizkid (Whizkid) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 05:37 am: Edit

Do people in US know about UBC (Vancouver, Canada) ? How is it ranked ? Is it respected ?

By Whizkid (Whizkid) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 11:51 am: Edit

bump

By Harpgirl27 (Harpgirl27) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 12:09 am: Edit

I applied there and almost accepted (I recently chose McGill university in Montreal instead). I'm from Seattle, Washington, and UBC is recognized pretty much everywhere on the west coast, and has a good reputation. I think Canadian schools aren't "ranked" like US...you probably already know the Macleans rating for UBC, but it's good.

So yes, generally it's respected about as much as University of Washington, one of the bettter state schools in the country. It's probably respected as much as the best of the state schools, but not near the ivies or top LACs

From talking to people when I was making my choice, they figured you could get a job anywhere on the west coast with a UBC degree. Plus Vancouver is a great city!
Noelle

By Whizkid (Whizkid) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 03:27 am: Edit

Thanks Noelle.

What would your chances be if you did your undergrad in Engineering from UBC and applied to Iveys in the US for graduate studies ?

By Harpgirl27 (Harpgirl27) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 11:57 pm: Edit

I'm honestly not that sure...I bet it would depend on how rigorous your courses were and how your grades were as well.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page