Babson or Boston University for Business?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: June 2004 Archive: Babson or Boston University for Business?
By Enarang (Enarang) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 09:08 pm: Edit

Help me decide between the two

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 09:24 pm: Edit

Very different. Babson is consistently ranked at the top for entreprenuers (excuse the spelling); BU is generally a good school but is not a business school.

Babson is much smaller, out in the suburbs (about 30 min from Boston), and has a lovely campus. BU is huge - about 30,000 students - and in the middle of Boston without much of a campus. The two environments are very different.

If you are dead-set on business, I would recommend Babson. If there is any chance that you will want a different major, then go for BU.

By Enarang (Enarang) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 10:00 pm: Edit

Keep the replies coming

By Vulcano (Vulcano) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 10:42 pm: Edit

Babson. And please, PLEASE, stop asking the same damn question. Babson is a great business school, much better than BU. The sad part is you are already WELL aware of that and are simply looking for more people to tell you so. Go with Babson, you wont go wrong. I ask you again to end these damn identical posts.

By Alejandro (Alejandro) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 10:59 pm: Edit

vulcano, i think ur the crankiest person on this board all i read from u is mad remarks.

Babson is better, I got waitlisted there, but I've heard its very cliquey (sp?) and competitive, meaning there are lots of people that are willing to just crush u. It has a great entrepeneur program though.

Another problem might be location, cuz unless u have a car ur stuck there. BU is a big school, and if ur not 100% sure you want business go to BU period.

By Jer728 (Jer728) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 11:15 pm: Edit

I'm sorry, but Vulcano is DEAD ON. I've been saying the same thing for weeks.

By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 11:17 pm: Edit

vulcano is not cranky... the op makes a 3 new posts a day on simlilar subjects... babson or xyz

look at another post he created no more than a few hours ago "Babson and Wake Forest workload?"

I ask the moderator to step in and limit enarang's babson tainted posts to the individual schools fourm designated for babson

thank you

The business school crowd is hard to please. Quite a few posters, known for repetitive posts, are now on the other side. However, I agree that the multiple posts about Babson have reached a natural limit.
Trinity

By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 11:39 pm: Edit

To make it easier for the moderators and clearer for all you gullible people who defend enarang's waste of bandwith... i have dug up some past topics created by enarang... keep in mind these are the subject headings of individual threads started by enarang all pretty much in the month of may

"Which school has the better undergrad business program "

" For business is Babson a good choice? "

"What would be a good school for me?"

"More respected.......Babson College or Boston University"

"Where would you go?"

"Best for Business University of Richmond or Babson "

"Where would u go for business? GW,BU,BC,NYU,Babson or Mich. "

"Good match schools *I'm going to do business* "

"Can I get into a good business school in the northeast? "

"Some business schools? (USNWR Rankings for u-grad business) "

"Babson or NYU? I Will be an Entrepreneur "

"Could I get into Babson "

"Please evaluate following business undergrad: GW,BU,BC,NYU,B "

"BC, Babson or BU for Business Please Advise? "

"NYU, University of Mich, or Babson "

"Wake Forest, GW, BU, BC, Babson, NYU and Mich for *business* "

By Hollaratme (Hollaratme) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 03:44 pm: Edit

enarang is gone

By Jer728 (Jer728) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 03:56 pm: Edit

Wow, Scubasteve. I was gonna try to do the same thing actually, but i had no idea there were THAT many. Enarang doesn't seem like a bad guy, he just talks about Babson too much!

By Alejandro (Alejandro) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 04:14 pm: Edit

don't attack me, im not a gullible person scubasteve, I just thought he was overreacting. I'm new to this board, not gullible. OK?

Glad we got that out of the way

By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 04:16 pm: Edit

i love you <3

hollar waht do you mean by "gone" ?

By Hollaratme (Hollaratme) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 04:28 pm: Edit

he cant log on anymore

By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 04:36 pm: Edit

banned?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page