Just what schools actually are "The Ivy League?"

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: June 2004 Archive: Just what schools actually are "The Ivy League?"
By Calvinhobbesmph (Calvinhobbesmph) on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 06:59 pm: Edit

i kno im not going to go to any ivy league schools, but are they. there is like an actually sports league, but it seems that there is more.

the league is something like this (i think):

UPenn
Harvard
Yale
Brown
Cornell
Princeton

dunno about the rest... thanks for the help

By Shopmom (Shopmom) on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 07:02 pm: Edit

They're all listed under the Ive League topic. You're missing Dartmouth and Columbia

By Madelinemay11 (Madelinemay11) on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 03:30 am: Edit

That's too funny! My friends can also name all of the above, EXCEPT for upenn and columbia! Those don't come across as Ivy schools to most peoples' minds automatically for some reason.

By Tropicanabanana (Tropicanabanana) on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 03:12 pm: Edit

I really thought Stanford was one until last summer.

By Calvinhobbesmph (Calvinhobbesmph) on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 05:22 pm: Edit

i kno some people around here say that notre dame is one

By Ay_Caramba (Ay_Caramba) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 12:47 pm: Edit

a lot of people just make up stuff... like i'm going to duke and people up here (MA) are like "that's in the ivy league, right?" but it's not...and then they think that means the school isn't as good as they originally thought, which is of course not true, it's just an athletic league of ancient schools. They would be shocked to know that MIT and stanford aren't in the ivy league. and then they made up "Baby Ivies," a group in which schools like Williams College are placed... it's just people obsessed with status

By Jenni87 (Jenni87) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 12:14 pm: Edit

wait.. it's actually in this korean dictionary. it says the following are: harvard, yale, princetone, columbia, pennsylvania, brown, cornell, dartmouth - 8 colleges. what do you need it for?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page