Which is the better engineering school? UW or USC

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Which is the better engineering school? UW or USC
By Buffstuddennis (Buffstuddennis) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 09:33 pm: Edit

I just wanted to know if anyone could give me a good answer to this question. I am debating on where I want to go, but am still not sure. Please help me with my decision by giving some helpful information and advice.

Thanks for reading my post

By Buffstuddennis (Buffstuddennis) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 09:37 pm: Edit

Oh, just to clarify. UW is the University of Washington. People sometimes get this mixed up with WashU for some reason.

By Buffstuddennis (Buffstuddennis) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 10:06 pm: Edit

Also, I would like to know which school has the better Bioengineering program as well. So if both stats could be given, I would be very appreciative. Thanks everyone.

By Jshifton (Jshifton) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 11:14 pm: Edit

I would recommend the University of Washington. USC is very expensive and quite frankly sucks. UW on the other hand offers the beautiful city of Seattle, great people, a steal of a price, and some seriously underrated academics. Bioengineering also happens to be one of the UW's best fields.

If both of these colleges excite you, why not choose UW?

By Buffstuddennis (Buffstuddennis) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 02:32 am: Edit

The reason would be that it is so competitive to get into the Bioengineering program at UW that I do not know if it would be possible for me to get into it. Whereas at USC I am already accepted into the Bioengineering program and I jump right into it. This is one of the main reasons for why I am struggling with the decision of whether i am willing to risk not getting into the major that i want to pursue.

By Buffstuddennis (Buffstuddennis) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 10:44 pm: Edit

BUMP

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page