UW, UCSC, or UCSB...NEED HELP ASAP!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: UW, UCSC, or UCSB...NEED HELP ASAP!
By Missjess (Missjess) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 05:22 pm: Edit

My mind has been back and forth between these three. I have about 5 days left before deciding, and my problem is that I can see myself at any of these colleges...in one way or another.

I have read and heard just about everything possible on each campus.

I feel silly for resorting to this for advice, because I know that it is ultimately my choice, but I honestly would like SOMETHING to click for me. Maybe somebody will respond to this, and "click".

So my question I pose to all of you out there in internet land (I am sure you are all flipping out about colleges too) is: knowing that UW is large, in an urban setting, and rains a lot; knowing that UCSC is smaller, liberal arts oriented, and in the redwoods by the beach; and knowing that UCSB is right on the beach, has good academics, and is known for its reputation for parties and beautiful people...Knowing all of this, and accepting all of this, and still being able to see myself at each of these...

Where should I go?

By Rana (Rana) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 05:26 pm: Edit

have been to the campuses? Are you from California or UW (do have to pay any out-of-state fees)?

By Mikemac (Mikemac) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 05:26 pm: Edit

here's something you can try. Pick your favorite college right now. Then go get the Statement of Intent to Register (SIR), fill it out, sign it, enclose your check, put a stamp on it, all the steps as if you had make your decision -- then HAND IT TO YOUR PARENTS TO HOLD.

Just sleep on it. Let your subsconcious churn it over.

When you wake up in the morning if you are still happy with your choice, you made the right one. Pop the letter in the mail.

But if you wake up with a sick feeling in your stomach and an "I made a HUGE mistake -- what the hell did I do" panicky thought then you know it was the wrong choice. Time to consider a different alternative

By Missjess (Missjess) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 05:55 pm: Edit

Clarification: I am a california resident.

My parents are telling me to not worry about out-of-state costs. So I am trying not to.

(Thanks for the tip Mikemac!)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page