UC Irvine Housing

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: UC Irvine Housing
By Madsam (Madsam) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 12:03 am: Edit

I just SIRed UC Irvine... where should I stay? Middle Earth versus Mesa Court? I've read the descriptions on the UCI housing website, but they seem very general.

Any info? Both pros and cons would be nice. Thanx.

By 3seat (3seat) on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 01:41 pm: Edit

I lived in Mesa, but from what I've heard, after a few weeks in either area, most people don't want to move.
In general, though, Mesa has more athletes and more school of the arts people (it's closer to the SOTA and Crawford Hall) while Middle Earth tends to be stereotyped as being a haven for engineering/info & comp sci students who play warcraft all day. Yes, there are more engineering kids over there, but it isn't a social wasteland at all.
All of middle earth's halls are themed, whereas in Mesa Court, you have a choice. Either way, try not to get into the identity development halls.
Mesa has one dining facility (Mesa Commons), whereas they split the commons in two in Middle Earth. It's the same food, though.
Best of luck

By Eyesclozedtight (Eyesclozedtight) on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 08:36 pm: Edit

go to middle earth just because it's called middle earth. wouldn't it be cool to tell people you lived in the shire?

By Madsam (Madsam) on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 09:01 pm: Edit

Thanx for the info 3seat...

Eyesclozedtight.... YES IT WOULD, and I was originally going to pick Middle Earth for that reason, but then I wised up and decided to post here. As for the Shire, I wont be able to live their unless I get into the Honors program (which I am shooting for).... Lorien or Mirkwood will have to do for now I guess.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page