Brandeis or Emory?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Brandeis or Emory?
By Ferris38 (Ferris38) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 08:57 pm: Edit

I'm trying to choose between Brandeis or Emory and I need to decide ASAP. I've recently visited both schools and liked and disliked aspects of both of them. Emory is in warm Atlanta, has a beautiful campus and is tons of fun. But it seems a bit preppy and there seem to be a lot of pretty Jewish American Princesses there, which being a girl who is Jewish but not a princess, makes me uncomfortable. Brandeis seems more comfortable and more artsy, and has really nice people. And I also got a larger scholarship at Brandeis than at Emory. But Brandeis might be too Jewish, the social life is a bit lacking, and the campus is not pretty. What should I do?

By B18c1cx (B18c1cx) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 08:59 pm: Edit

Emory... no doubt.

By Ferris38 (Ferris38) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 09:00 pm: Edit

B18c1cx, why Emory?

By Robin (Robin) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 09:17 pm: Edit

Ferris38, my son is a student at Brandeis and he loves it. He also chose between Brandeis and Emory and he chose Brandeis because the student body is much more down to earth and much less preppy. His high school sends about 10 kids a year to Emory and the kids you described above are exactly the ones who choose Emory. The social life is much better than its reputation and Brandeis is only 50% jewish while Emory is about 30-35% jewish. One advantage that Emory has is that the course offerings are larger because it has a business school and a larger population. A school's beauty should not be a deciding factor. Your education goes on inside the classroom, not outside.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page