To engineer or not to engineer

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: To engineer or not to engineer
By Vinny77 (Vinny77) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 11:06 pm: Edit

I am looking to become a engineer(computer) I have heard that they really make no money for what they actually have to put into there job

is this true

would a job in telecommunications be better what do ya say

By Gameguy56 (Gameguy56) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 11:26 pm: Edit

well, I was looking at being an engineer as well, but the truth is I don't think its worth it to waste some of the best years of your life stuck in engineering school with a GPA busting workload. Engineers do make alot of money straight out of school, but I just don't think It's worth it.

And a computer engineer from the schools CC people mention would do just fine in the workplace. But I just don't think its worth it from my point of view.

By Vinny77 (Vinny77) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 11:44 pm: Edit

what do u eman CC

By M1chaelmichael (M1chaelmichael) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 02:53 am: Edit

college confidential...did you forget where you were?

By Vinny77 (Vinny77) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 11:00 am: Edit

ikd i was leaning more towrds community college

By Demingy (Demingy) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 12:14 pm: Edit

If you don't love computer engineering, then you definitely would not find it worth it. Computer engineer's put a lot of hard work and some long hours (depending on where you work), but all of the ones I know absolutely love their job. The guy at my work stays there at least 12 hours a day because he enjoys the fact that he has all of those machines to "play with".

So I would say that since you are asking the question, then no, don't major in Computer Engineering.

By Godavarian (Godavarian) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 01:27 pm: Edit

if you dont love the job in the first place, you'll never be happy with it, reagardless of the money involved.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page