UMiami, UAriz, or ASU for Engineering

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: UMiami, UAriz, or ASU for Engineering
By Tlo (Tlo) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 05:28 pm: Edit

Hey my friend wants to do civil engineering and go to business grad school. He's looking for beach, nice weather, mountain climbing, outdoors, laid back abercrombie types, and a frat party atmosphere. He was accepted by Arizona State, U of Arizona, and U of Miami.

By 1tcm (1tcm) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 07:27 pm: Edit

Mountains....in Miami??? I don't think so...LOL :)

By Tufts08 (Tufts08) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 07:38 pm: Edit

None of those schools have all those things.

U of A would be better for the outdoors stuff. ASU/Miami would be better for the abercrombie/frat party type. All have good weather.

By Tlo (Tlo) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 10:45 pm: Edit

I realize that Miami has no mountains, as AZ has no beaches.... Those are just things he is looking for.

By Ocliberal (Ocliberal) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 12:25 am: Edit

Go to California for all that.

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 05:22 pm: Edit

Mexican beach is three-four hours away...not any surfing but really warm waters if you're in Tucson. Mt. Lemon is close by..

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 05:30 pm: Edit

those are like 3 of the best party school in the country if that counts for anything lol...az state is ranked #1 for that i think

By Tlo (Tlo) on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 08:24 pm: Edit

My friend was concerned Miami is like Club parties- he wants more on campus/ frat/ house parties.

By Cynner012 (Cynner012) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 12:08 am: Edit

I'm from AZ. For frat parties, go to U of A. Also, the new dean of ASU is really hated by the faculty. His goal is to have ASU's enrollment 100,000 in 10 years or so, which he will acomplish my having 4 campuses 20 miles apart from each other. (There is currently one main campus in Tempe with highly specialized and quite small East, West, and downtown campuses.) If he succeeds in enlarging these other campuses ASU might have a really disunified feel. Phoenix is a much nicer city than Tucson though, if that's important.

By Arizonamom (Arizonamom) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 01:16 am: Edit

Well, I have to add that Tucson has most all that a big city has but still maintains the feel of a small community and instead of highway overpasses there are mountains on all 4 sides. It just depends what you are looking for. Mill Ave at ASU is a great place but ASU is more concrete overall then Uof A.

By Bern700 (Bern700) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 01:37 am: Edit

I live in Phoenix, Az. Don't go to Tucson its the @$$hole of the world.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page