Rose-Hulman vs UIUC for Engineering

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Rose-Hulman vs UIUC for Engineering
By Hulala (Hulala) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 12:08 pm: Edit

I got accepted in both Rose-Hulman and UIUC.
My major is Electrical Engineering.
I am quite confused which school should I choose?
Can I have some opinions?

By Grosnez (Grosnez) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 12:15 pm: Edit

Both schools are so vastly different. The confusion may lie in that you have not decided in what is important to you not what is important to everyone else. Have you visited both schools? What is it that makes you hesitate about one school and/or other?

By Hulala (Hulala) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 12:38 pm: Edit

I am an international student so I haven't visited any of the school.

I am considering Electrical Engineering as my major.US news ranks R-H as no 1 school whoose higest degree is masters.UIUC is also good school for engineeing,ranked 5th in doctarate providing Universities.

I am giving importnace to better education+ recognition.They are important aspect because I am also interseted in doing masters in some good uni need not to be same.

I need a bit social life.

Sports activities are imp for me.

Finanace is not a problem.

By Grosnez (Grosnez) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 01:05 pm: Edit

You will get a "better" education at either. Both are well recognized. Getting into a good university to do your masters depends on how well you do. Either school can do that for you. UIUC is a much larger school overall. Should you change your mind about EE (yes, that can happen), your options would be more wide open at UIUC.

RH is a MUCH smaller environment focused on science and technology. It is a PRIVATE school not a public system like UIUC. But it is located in Terre Haute? Big difference from Champaign?

Social life is what you make of it. You will get it anywhere as long as you make time for it. I suspect that there are many more "interests" that are covered at UIUC.

Don't put so much weight on the rankings. Both schools are well known for their strong programs. Again, you have to decide where you will PERFORM/LEARN best in the "environment" that they provide.....

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page