Help-Boston College or Holy Cross

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Help-Boston College or Holy Cross
By Okiew5 (Okiew5) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 10:30 am: Edit

Hey I was wondering if you could help me try to decide what school to go to because I am preety even right now on the two, so any help or positives about one school or the other would be great.

BC(19,000 scholarship)
Holy Cross(27,000 scholarship)

I am thinking about majoring in economics, and then trying to go into business, and get a good job after school and then eventually MBA. I was wondering what school you thought would be better. I also got waitlisted at Cornell, Vandy, and Colby, and was also wondering what school might give me better chances for transferring in. Thanks again.

By Okiew5 (Okiew5) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 04:07 pm: Edit

bumpage

By Leob21 (Leob21) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 05:38 pm: Edit

I would go with Holy Cross because it looks like they're giving you the most money. My guidance counselor told me it's less important where you go to college and more important what you do while you're there. They are both great schools, but why not save the money for grad-school.

By Par72 (Par72) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 09:07 pm: Edit

Holy Cross has a better alumni network,strong affiliation with ivy league schools and better academic reputation.

By Okiew5 (Okiew5) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 08:46 pm: Edit

Thanks for your help. It is looking like HC, unless I get off the Vandy or Cornell WL.

By Okiew5 (Okiew5) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 08:43 pm: Edit

Any other help please.

By Nate8585 (Nate8585) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 03:24 pm: Edit

Okiew5, I have just decided to attend Holy Cross next fall. While, I didn't get into BC from what I have read Holy Cross is much superior academically. After going to the Holy Cross open house I was really impressed with their standards and most of all the alumni network. Like yourself I also plan to major in economics and I think that Holy Cross is really good with internships. They also have a very good pre-law program that gets many kids accepted to Ivy League law schools. The only reason I would choose BC over Holy Cross is location and sports but thats it.

By Hstudent (Hstudent) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 04:41 pm: Edit

holy cross, no contenst

By Okiew5 (Okiew5) on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 04:45 pm: Edit

Ya, from what I have been reading, it sounds that Holy Cross is def superior in academics when compared to BC, and it seems that it has a much better affiliation with the top grad schools. I was also impressed with the campus, and what the students had to say about the programs and their professors, and the grad school acceptance rates from HC are extremely high.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page