NYU GSP vs UMich

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: NYU GSP vs UMich
By Exodus (Exodus) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 04:13 pm: Edit

I was accepted to the GSP program at NYU as a Stern-bound student and I was also accepted to UMich. My question is would GSP be worth it? Or would it be better to go to UMich and try to get into their business school there (you apply to UM business after sophomore year)?

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 04:58 pm: Edit

you cant be a stern bound student from gsp... after 2 years when you complete gsp you can only transfer into the school you intially applied, which either had to be college of arts and sciences or gallaitn

By Exodus (Exodus) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 05:13 pm: Edit

actually, gsp students can be stern bound, I had initally applied to Stern but I was referred to GSP. Can anyone offer some advice?

By Nicksummers (Nicksummers) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 05:42 pm: Edit

I wouldn't dismiss that so quickly. If I've heard anything about NYU, it's that students can't really transfer into Stern.

In any case, isn't the Ann Arbor biz program just as strong (stronger, even?) as NYU? For that, and other reasons, I'd go to UMich over NYU Stern anyway.

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 06:44 pm: Edit

GSP transfer to Stern? Nah. Go to UMich.

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 06:45 pm: Edit

exodus i think you are mistaken... you could not have applied to stern and been referred to gsp. stern does not refer to gsp, only cas and gallatin do... maybe you filled the application out wrong?

By Exodus (Exodus) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 03:35 pm: Edit

No actually I am positive that it is possible to be a stern-bound from gsp. They have academic advisers for gsp-stern students as well.

So I basically face the same situation at both UMich and NYU. I have to keep my grades up at GSP to guarantee my spot in Stern, and at UMich I would have to apply to their b-school after sophomore year.

I have heard that the internship opportunities at NYU are alot better, is that true?

By I1lmatics (I1lmatics) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 03:45 pm: Edit

well then i guess i stand corrected.... internship opportunities at nyu are outstanding and most majors heavily stress/require you to take advantage of it

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page