UF (Engineering) or UNC Curriculum in Applied Sciences?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: UF (Engineering) or UNC Curriculum in Applied Sciences?
By Taxman (Taxman) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 07:53 pm: Edit

I'm accepted at UF and UNC and trying to make up my mind. I'm TOTALLY undecided as to major. At one time I thought I wanted to go into engineering but now I'm not sure anymore.

UF has an engineering school but UNC doesn't. They do have something called Curriculum in Applied Sciences that looks like it would allow me to go to grad school in engineering. Here's a link: http://www.unc.edu/depts/appl_sci/appl2001/

Anyone heard of this major or know how grad schools would look at applicants with this degree as opposed to someone applying with an undergrad engineering degree?

I'm really torn between the 2 schools. UF would be free and UNC would cost around $9,000 a year after merit scholarships. I'm having such a hard time deciding, I guess because I really don't know what I want to do with my life.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page