How important is prestige and reputation (CAL)?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: How important is prestige and reputation (CAL)?
By Justcallmedi (Justcallmedi) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 12:26 am: Edit

I'm still having the same (almost classic) dilemma: Should I go to UCLA,where I KNOW I feel comfortable, or should i go to more well-known Berkeley, where I would have to force myself to like it? How important is Berkeley's reputation, especially in terms of applying later on to Law School? And what exactly IS UCLA's reputation?

Thanks, everyone. I know this is probably a tired debate, so I appreciate all the help!

By Rana (Rana) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 02:40 am: Edit

Don't force yourself to like anything...esp when it comes to school. What is important is that you are attending the school you want to be at; if you have to force yourself to like a place then that will probably distract you from your studies.

For grad school what will matter more is NOT so much the rep of the school, but your own work and accomplishments while you were there. But even if the school's rep is your main concern, then forget about it: UCLA is VERY highly regarded too!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page