UCSD? Parties, business, jobs?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: UCSD? Parties, business, jobs?
By Nm2719 (Nm2719) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 11:08 pm: Edit

I am really interested in UCSD and wondering if anyone has any insight into the school. I recently visited the campus and I loved it and all it had to offer. It doesn't have a business major which is a slight problem since I am positive that I want to study business in college and go into that career field. What about social life? Do UCSD alumni help their students get jobs and connections? Any advice would help. I'm also deciding between U. San Diego, Boston College, and George Washington University..

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 02:22 pm: Edit

The University of San Diego would be a better choice for business if you want to be in San Diego. But UCSD has a good reputation with employers in San Diego as well and is an excellent school in terms of academics.

If you want to work on the east coast, then GWU or Boston College would be the way to go - neither USD or UCSD draws many corporate recruiters from the east coast.

By Bluestar86 (Bluestar86) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 05:08 pm: Edit

UCSD has a management science major within their econ dept but it is very economics based, i also dont know how great the program is but yeah. if you want to work out in the east coast one day... BC/GWU might give you a leg up.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page