Country Club Schools

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Country Club Schools
By Cornelius (Cornelius) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 10:12 pm: Edit

I think right now my top choice would be Washington & Lee University..

Are there any other LACs like it? Schools with a tight-knit, upperclass community? Schools with excellent pre-professional and liberal arts departments and schools where one could make valuable, life-long connections? Schools that are excellent business and law "feeder" schools?

I guess Hamilton would fit also..

By Collegeparent (Collegeparent) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 10:18 pm: Edit

There have been several threads about this subject and you might try the archives to find them. Some might take offense at the term "country club" but before you proceed in continuing this thread, you might track down the old ones from a couple of months ago. They should answer your question.

By Cornelius (Cornelius) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 10:25 pm: Edit

I started the most recent "old" one.

I just wanted some more opinions and to bring up this discussion again.

If you are offended by this thread, don't read it.

You don't have to tell me there are old threads on the subject, I'll make the judgment whether or not it would be appropriate for me to bring up this topic for discussion again.

By Lkcrhcp (Lkcrhcp) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 12:41 am: Edit

what is a LAC school?

By Everet (Everet) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 12:45 am: Edit

can you clarify cornelius? when you say country club schools, are you talking about upper class, republican, white colleges? thank you

By Annakat (Annakat) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 01:29 am: Edit

middlebury and williams. country clubs.

By Collegeparent (Collegeparent) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 05:58 am: Edit

Cornelius, calm down. I just made a quiet comment and was unaware of your being the OP last time and of your wanting to continue to discuss it. Matter of fact, I did comment on your last thread so I don't feel the necessity to do so again. In the meantime, I'm not questioning your judgment to bring it up again; however it would be appropriate for you to temper your tone since you come across as arrogant.

By Cornelius (Cornelius) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 09:39 pm: Edit

and you condescending. Don't tell me what to do. Can we get back on topic now?

By Skyhawk (Skyhawk) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 09:56 pm: Edit

Cornelius, a gentle warning: please be civil to other posters. Thank you. - Moderator Skyhawk

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page