Why Engineering at Trinity College

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Why Engineering at Trinity College
By Frustrated24 (Frustrated24) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 04:03 pm: Edit

Hey! The topics the question. Any input would be helpful. Thanx

By Frustrated24 (Frustrated24) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 05:43 pm: Edit

bump

By Frustrated24 (Frustrated24) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 12:36 am: Edit

bump

By Monydad (Monydad) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 09:02 am: Edit

I considered this many years ago. I was interested in engineering, but was also interested in the liberal arts, and I didn't want to commit just yet to one path or the other.

There were only a few schools at that time where I could study engineering, but it wasn't part of a separate school per se: If I recall correctly, Swarthmore, Brown, Trinity, Bucknell, Union.

I didn't wind up there, so I can offer no more.

By Frustrated24 (Frustrated24) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 10:25 am: Edit

Thank you Mr. Monydad. But do you think it is worth it studying Engineering at Trinity? Its engineering programme has a very low reputation score.

By Frustrated24 (Frustrated24) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 01:47 pm: Edit

bump

By Monydad (Monydad) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 02:00 pm: Edit

Sorry, I have no information on Trinity's engineering program. Other than it is of course small.

I can tell you that if I had not been interested in liberal arts also, Trinity would not have been on my shortlist. They are not well known in the engineering profession, in my opinion. But that may be simply because their program is very small. Their graduates may do just fine, I don't know.

By Lenk58 (Lenk58) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 12:57 pm: Edit

Maybe you should look at schools that have much better engineering schools and also are geared for undergrads. Bucknell. Lafayette, Villanova. I happen to like Villanova the best out of these but thats my opinion and thats where I am enrolling.

By Lenk58 (Lenk58) on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 01:41 pm: Edit

If you look at the US News and Report ratings of best undergrad engineering programs, Trinity is tied for 49th. The same ranking as Univ of Hartford. Trinty is a highly ranked LAC but not much going on in the engineering school.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page