UCSC v. Chico

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: UCSC v. Chico
By Sfbbgurl (Sfbbgurl) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 06:15 pm: Edit

I have narrowed down my college list to two schools, UCSC and Chico State. I am having a very hard time choosing.

I'll tell you about myself so maybe you could possibly see a better fit for me somewhere.

I am from San Francisco, a B+ average student at a competitive high school. I have been dancing for 3 years. Huge SF Giants fan and enjoy going to sporting events, and playing basketball. I know I want to study abroad, possibly Italy or Spain. I am considering Business and Engineering as possible majors, but I am definitely not limited to just that. I am somewhat shy, however once I get comfortable I open up. Preferably I would like a laid back atmosphere where students help eachother rather than compete with one another. If it makes a difference, I am white and do not consider myself to be a "hippie" or "preppy." I tend to think of myself as the type of person who lives in jeans, so very casual and laid back. I don't like lots of drama in my life.

So what do you think? UCSC or Chico?
Thanks in advance!

By Dbhmr (Dbhmr) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 12:11 am: Edit

I know Chico is one of the most laid-back, friendly schools there is. My cousin and mom absolutely loved it there, and it seems like it suits your desires.

By Roh (Roh) on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 04:58 pm: Edit

of course go to UCSC. =D

By Calialy3 (Calialy3) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 05:04 pm: Edit

UCSC. It's better academically, but still very laid back. Plus Santa Cruz is an awesome city.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page