SDSU, UCSC or CC to UCSD or UCB

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: SDSU, UCSC or CC to UCSD or UCB
By Kateincali86 (Kateincali86) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 02:40 am: Edit

I got into sdsu (where I think I'm gonna go) uc santa cruz cal state fullerton cal state long beach and sfsu... I'm not sure if I should go to SDSU or UCSC because although UCSC is a better school and three good friends are going, I liked SDSU better. Except I've heard its hard to graduate in 4 years, maybe even hard in 5 years. So I'm torn. I've considered goign to a two year then transferring to ucsd or ucb but I don't know. Does anyone have any advice?
Here are some pros cons
SDSU
close to my bf
nice campus
friendly atmosphere
considered party school
hard to graduate quickly

UCSC
bad student life
good reputation
dislike area

CC
possible live at home (which is not a good place)
transfer to good UC
transferring not guaranteed
have to make new friends after two years

so I'm interested in neuroscience, but I think I can get into this via psychology, and UC's offer this as a major but SDSU has a good psychology program.

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 05:53 am: Edit

Are you willing to take classes over the summer? Also if you want to graduate in four years, be sure to check out the LLC dorms. Furthermore, don't fail any classes and try to take some earlier classes, because like 99 percent of the students at SDSU, don't take classes until later in the day it seems.

If I was in your situation, ironically enough i'm in a similiar situation, i'd choose SDSU. But the reason i'm going to SDSU is because of the business program and the overall atmosphere at the school.

Maybe we'll be future aztecs together, good luck in your decision, it's a tough one. But either way, hold no regrets.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page