Sdsu????????

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Sdsu????????
By Curious2 (Curious2) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 06:12 pm: Edit

any advice about sdsu??? anything at all? i hear so many different things that i dont know what to believe anymore.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 06:40 pm: Edit

SDSU is good for certain majors - business and education in particular - but it's not right for some types of people. If you're looking for a lot of personalized attention and a school that will help you decide on a major, SDSU isn't the place for you. If, however, you're an independent person who is willing to take charge of your own education and doesn't need a lot of hand-holding, SDSU can be a good school.

Many of the things you've heard about SDSU ARE true: it can be hard to graduate in four years, the classes can be huge, a fair number of students don't live on campus - but my feeling is for students who know what they want and aren't going to let themselves get "lost in the crowd," SDSU is more than decent.

I suggest you visit, spend some time on campus talking to students and faculty, and then see how you feel.

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Friday, April 16, 2004 - 11:08 pm: Edit

So far i've found one person on this website who hasn't enjoyed SDSU, two people from UCSD, that enjoy to bad mouth SDSU and Carolyn who seems to know lots of good information. Take most information you get on message boards with a grain of salt, unless it's from a reputable source like Carolyn.

This is what I can tell you. Take what you want from it.

1. My friends that are down there now, enjoy it immensely.

2. SDSU is becoming much more competitive, i've heard it referred to as the new Cal Poly SLO.

3. SDSU has had a party reputation in the past, but lately, they've been cracking down on it.

4. Huge class sizes, hard to grad. in four years.

5. Some don't live on or near campus, but with 27,000 undergraduates i'm sure there are plenty of people you'll be able to make friends with on campus.

6. The campus is beautiful, it looks like a spanish villa. Much more attractive than UCSD and a few other UC's (IN MY OPINION) and is hands down the best looking Cal State.

7. Read Carolyn's post.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page