Scripps or UCLA? Hmm....

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Scripps or UCLA? Hmm....
By Yumyum (Yumyum) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 01:14 am: Edit

What do y'all think? Undecided major, from Northern California. Looking to go to medical grad school.

Both in sunny SoCal, but which one's better?

ucla = big
- near family
- lots of opportunites
- great school

Scripps = small
- closer to teachers
- don't know about the people

Running out of time...

By Geoff848 (Geoff848) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 01:30 am: Edit

people are nice, i am going to go to pomona, so we rock...

scripps is great too and has as many if not more opportunities. The feeling i got from UCLA was that there are a lot of opportunities, but one really has to know exactly what they want to take full advantage. I dont know exactly what i want to do yet so i chose pomona that will nurture me pretty much no matter what i want.

basically, if youre goodlooking, go to scripps, otherwise whatever

By Rana (Rana) on Thursday, April 15, 2004 - 07:53 am: Edit

The two schools are SO different!
Scripps by itself is very nice, but when you consider that you are part of the Claremont system, then, at least in academic terms, it is pretty awsome. But of course, UCLA also is. I think it comes down to whether you're more comfortable in a quiet and smaller (and more personal) setting or a large, dynamic, and exciting place. I suppose you can always drive in to LA (or take the train) when you want that (and Claremont students do just that). As for med or grad school, assuming you do very well, either Scripps or UCLA will prepare you for that...it really is more about the social scene and the pace of life, and you know which of those fits you better than any of us!

By Calimom (Calimom) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 04:20 pm: Edit

Hi YumYum, did you make your decision? My daughter is dealing with the same question: Scripps or UCLA. Has a long list of pros and cons for both, and yes, time is running out.

By Yumyum (Yumyum) on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 12:22 am: Edit

Yes, this is kind of late but i decided to go to UCLA. Both have their pros and cons but i believe that which ever school i go too, i'll have to work hard to be the best in my field. And because UCLA is so big, it offers a lot of opportunities. I'll get to meet different types of people and do many things that i never got to do in my little home town. So all in all, UCLA ended up winning. But both schools are great. Good luck Calimom.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page