Scholarships.. undergrad decisions decisions..

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Scholarships.. undergrad decisions decisions..
By Thefranchise (Thefranchise) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 12:46 am: Edit

Please help! Time is ticking and I need to make a college decision. I've decided on majoring in business, maybe a double major with finance, accounting, or management, so I'm def. looking for a good undergraduate business program. I was accepted to:
BC Carroll School of Management Honors program Villanova Commerce & Finance (hopefully honors) Fairfield's Dolan School plus Business Honors Program
Hofstra's Zarb Honors Program
Binghamton with Business Honors program
Stonybrook plus Honors program
Fordham University
I was waitlisted at Cornell for AEM and denied from UPenn and Yale

I received no aid from BC, 6,000$/yr a year from nova, 15,000$/yr from fairfield, full tuition scholarship from hofstra, 0 aid from BU, 2,500$ from stonybrook, and 7,500-15,000$/yr from Fordham. I would like to save some money for my education. Please help me get the "most bang for my buck," but also the best education possible. I've heard plenty of good and bad things about each of those schools, so I am very uncertain about my decision. In general, what do these various Honors programs offer to the admitted students and are these programs generally a far greater challenge than regular college coursework? I am from Long Island and have attended a private Catholic HS.

My stats:
Sat: V: 700 M: 720
Weighted Avg: 101
Unweighted: 97
Class rank: my school doesn't rank officially but my rank has fluctuated from 7th - 11th out of about 530 students
Sat II: 710,700,650
Many activities, sports, leadership, employment experience
I have taken all honors and AP classes availble in my HS through my 4 years

Thank you for your help! if anyone is interested in any of those schools also let me know.

By Roxistar1717 (Roxistar1717) on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 04:17 pm: Edit

hmm...i would concentrate on nova, fairfield, fordham & hofstra. although im partial to nova (c/o 2008!)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page