Gotta Love them TROLLS

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Gotta Love them TROLLS
By Collegeguy (Collegeguy) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 08:59 pm: Edit

For those of you who hate on Brownalum, Stanfordrulez, Hstudent, and Mzhang...

Trolling is what has made CC a great deal more interesting in the past year. I've been posting here since my junior year, and I'll say that in the past six months this place has gotten so much more fun and lively thanks to the above four individuals who root incessantly for Yale, Stanford, Harvard, and Princeton (respectively). Your contributions to CC have not gone unnoticed, and please do continue the trolling:)

I'm not being sarcastic.

By Hoping (Hoping) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 09:02 pm: Edit

brownalum has changed posting name to broninia or some such garbage

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 09:25 pm: Edit

I find them annoying, and I wish that people would stop replying to them so they'd find some other place to play.

By Brunoniana (Brunoniana) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 09:31 pm: Edit

Northstarmom is the biggest troll; she freely admits that she is "in love" with Harvard and won't say anything bad about it, and gives her opinions based on experiences she had over 13 years ago.

By Mahras (Mahras) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 09:34 pm: Edit

HEY Northstar mom is cool. She gives a lot of good advice and maybe the fact that she is tring to encourage people to go to Harvard is areason.

Contrary, Brownalum posts about yale everywhere....in other discussions as well.

So there ya go

By Mzhang23 (Mzhang23) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 09:35 pm: Edit

I do not troll for Princeton, and I love Princeton and Yale pretty much equally. In addition, unlike Brownalum (now brunoniana), I'm willing to admit that my favorite school has some weaknesses. But yes, thanks for your vote of confidence. The boards have certainly been a lot more active than usual thanks to people such as brownalum, hstudent, etc.

By Brunoniana (Brunoniana) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 09:47 pm: Edit

With the exception of my occasional troll posts for Brown, I only give my opinions on how I honestly feel about particular subjects.

I don't post when there is no reason to. Much of the trolling on this board is anti-Yale propaganda, which is why many of my posts have to do with Yale. There are also anti-Johns Hopkins trolls and anti-Brown trolls that I enjoy confronting.

My opinions are based on extensive experience. I not only graduated from a top-20 university (Brown), but I have extensively visited hundreds of the nation's top colleges and universities, and lived in almost every major city in the United States. I have friends, acquaintances and family members who are alumni of these schools and I am even familiar with classes and professors at a variety of top schools.

Trust me, I am not trolling. I am giving you my honest, unbiased opinions.

By Mahras (Mahras) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 10:12 pm: Edit

Whats with these Brown grads and Yale. Brownalum and Brunoniana always putting Yale in such high regards and thus basically trolling. Don't deny it because I just did a message search. And please don't call northstarmom a troll because she does more than promote Yale by giving advice and asking question for her son.
I have nothing against Yale. I love the school but still so much trolling. must be a Brown thing...jk

By Collegeguy (Collegeguy) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 02:21 am: Edit

OK add Northstarmom to the Harvard trolling list. We should come up with a list of "respected" trolls.

So far:

Harvard: Northstarmom, HStudent
Yale: Brownalum or whatever he/she is called
Princeton: Mzhang (kind of)
Stanford: Stanfordrulez, stanfordman88

Anyone else?

By Stanfordrulez (Stanfordrulez) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 02:48 am: Edit

Hehe...
So I'm a troll now, eh?
Collegeguy, you know you're in love with Stanford too... Admit it! :)
Stanford: Collegeguy, me [if you insist], Stanfordman88.

Basically, I can't take brainless Stanford bashing....

By Everet (Everet) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 04:01 am: Edit

why was Brownalum banned?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page