CS/CE major in CMU, Cornell, Columbia, and Cooper Union?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: CS/CE major in CMU, Cornell, Columbia, and Cooper Union?
By Junshans (Junshans) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 06:58 pm: Edit

Hi,

I got accepted to the following schools as an engineering major as a high school junior:

Carnegie Mellon
RIT
U. of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign
WPI
U. of Virginia
Cornell
Northwestern
William & Mary
Columbia

also I got waitlisted on the four schools:

Washington Univ. (St.Louis)
Duke
Dartmouth
Cooper Union

Which of these schools has the best undergrad computer science/ computer engineering curriculum? Also, how would I be in the future in terms of jobs and grad schools?
Over the weekend I have visited Northwestern, Carnegie Mellon, Cornell, Columbia and Cooper Union, and I believe I'm suit for urban campuses.
I'm thinking it'd probably be Columbia or maybe Cornell, but I might go to any of the three waitlisted colleges if I get into any. Please advise!

By Seleucus26 (Seleucus26) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 08:38 pm: Edit

from wat i hear, carnegie mellon has one of the best comp sci/eng program (up with MIT). Cornell might be a better choice if ur not sure about wat field of engineering u want to enter, but if u like citys i dont see how u could like it there. i dont no much a bout columbia. With CMU on the list id only consider Cooper union from ur waitlist skools (Cuz its free and in NYC)

its cool ur doing this as a junior, good luck

PS did u see the string about comp sci skools in this index?

By Junshans (Junshans) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 06:49 pm: Edit

What index? I just found out about this site and I'm not sure what you mean sry;

By Poiz0n (Poiz0n) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 07:02 pm: Edit

just curious, how did you find out about these acceptances as a junior. Congrats btw, excellent schools

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page