Major...Sports Managment Anyone?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Major...Sports Managment Anyone?
By Jastern05 (Jastern05) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 12:24 am: Edit

Anyone know of any good schools (california in particular, but anywhere else too) that offer sports managment as a major...just wondering, sounds like a good field to get involved in.

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 01:13 am: Edit

San Diego State just openned up a sports management graduate program, which looks to be exciting! So perhaps you could major in whatever, then go to grad school there

By Barrons (Barrons) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 11:03 am: Edit

U Oregon

By Collegeparent (Collegeparent) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 11:15 am: Edit

Another thing to think about is to study business and management at a sports factory Big 10, Pac 10, Big 12, ACC school where you can meet rising football, basketball, hockey, baseball stars. Get to know them on a personal level and when they hit the big time after graduation, see what you can do for them. It may not pay off right away because the big time sports management firms may already signed them as clients; however, these college friends of yours may help you get a job with one of those same sports management firms -- or later on if they decide to change agents, go with you, like Jerry McGuire (But only if you have the "quan"). Something to think about, as I said.

By Marny (Marny) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 01:33 pm: Edit

Hi! Check out the North American Society for Sports Management--www.nassm.com. Link to Academia and then universities. It lists the programs at specific colleges and I think you can then link to the individual schools. This should give you some idea of what individual colleges have to offer in this field.

By Jastern05 (Jastern05) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 09:13 pm: Edit

When I click on the Universities link it doesn't show me anything....

By Marny (Marny) on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 11:51 pm: Edit

I went back to the web site- You have to click on the "USA" image on the world map (hey i didn't devise the web site) and a listing of all college in the USA are then listed. Anyway I did a real quick review and it seems Cal State-Bakersfield has a BA program & Cal State Long Beach has a Masters Program. Hope this helps.

By Jastern05 (Jastern05) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 12:02 am: Edit

sorry, but i don't see an image that says "USA"...

By Marny (Marny) on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 12:18 am: Edit

Just scroll over the outlined image of the United States on the map and double click. It doesn't say "USA" you just have to click on the outline of the country. Sorry if I'm not making it clearer but it's late in NY. Anyway Cal State- Bakersfield is a start.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page