Duke vs. Case Western Pre-Professional Scholars Program

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: April 2004 Archive: Duke vs. Case Western Pre-Professional Scholars Program
By Jennys04 (Jennys04) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 01:52 pm: Edit

I'm having a hard time deciding between Duke University and Case Western's Pre-Professional Scholars Program. Basically, Case's program gives me guaranteed acceptance to Medical School (provided that I maintain a 3.6 GPA, and I also won't have to take the MCAT's). It's basically a "safety net." If any of you are currently in this program, know of someone who is, or if you just want to give your opinion, please do! (anything you've heard about either school, etc.)

By Collegeparent (Collegeparent) on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 02:34 pm: Edit

Duke -- that way you don't have to live in Cleveland. The area around CWR is very distressed and there are few if any places to go at night near campus or the medical center. There are also probably questions of safety, even if the campus is in the museum district. Really think very long and hard about CWR. In order for CWR to gain the attention it deserves, it has to clean up the neighborhood.

On the other hand, Duke is one of the best universities in America. It's worth taking the MCATs just to go to Duke.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page